04 April 2012

Last blog post......

Well not quite but from Blogger  anyway!


Little did I think when I posted my Milestone Thank You blog it would almost be my last from the Blogger blogging platform! Having been here since I started writing in 2009, this week I made the plunge and have moved my blog to Wordpress.

All of my future blog posts will now be coming from www.greensideup.ie so whichever way you're currently following them, please change your settings (RSS should automatically change) to ensure you pick up all future posts from there.


If you're following this blog via your Google ID you will have to re-follow using the subscribe form on the right hand side of the new blog (there's a message there pointing you to it). 


To give you a taster of things to come, my first post from the new site is a video blog of my vegetable garden taken on 31st March and I'll be posting more as the garden grows over the seasons.

As most of my fellow blogging friends will know, I've been a huge fan of Blogger since I started using it so it's with a touch of sadness and trepidation that I'm leaving it behind. It's easy to navigate, has lots of great templates to give interest to the page and for a non-techy person is a great place to blog from. I've argued it's pluses at many a bloggers meeting and had even agreed to talk about it at a network meeting this autumn. 


So why the change of heart?



·         My blog is now incorporated into my website which means there's just one URL (www.greensideup.ie) rather than two (website and blog) so no more confusion for readers or customers.
·        I have complete control over my website, how it looks and how it's updated (once I've learnt how to do it, in the meantime thank you Ken from Event Media for being so patient!).  I should be able to do all my own updates without pestering anyone.
·         Because my website is now hosted under the Wordpress.org site, it means that should I ever want to expand my business and add to it at a later stage, it's all set up to do so.

So I do hope you'll go take a look, say hello and let me know what you think. We're still working on a few small changes, checking links etc. but almost there now. If you missed the link at the beginning, here it is again www.greensideup.ie.

So all that leaves me to say is its goodbye from me here and hello from me over there!

www.greensideup.ie


1 comment:

  1. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the information I already searched all over the place and just could not come across. What a perfect web-site.
    vegetable recipes

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment on my posts (if only to let me know that someone is reading them!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...